* 2004 Na Hoku Hanohano Awards ~ “Magic Beside the Sea” Nominee, Most Promising Artist & Contemporary Hawaiian Album of the Year
Paul Shimomoto is an award-winning vocalist and musician living in Honolulu, Hawaii. Dubbed the “Hawaiian Michael Bublé” and the “Hawaiian Frank Sinatra”, Paul’s unique repertoire of “Hawaiian Jazz” features jazz-infused versions of vintage hapa haole songs (songs about Hawaii that were written in English) and a host of jazz standards. Paul’s smooth and relaxing “crooner” stylings are reminiscent of Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Nat King Cole and Michael Bublé.
Paul has played for local, national and international audiences since 2003. Locally, he has performed with such legendary Hawaiian entertainers such as Robert Cazimero, Nina Kealiiwahamana, Mahi Beamer, Gary Aiko, Marlene Sai, Cyril Pahinui, Kanoe Miller and Danny Kaleikini. Paul has traveled annually to Japan to perform his unique and silky style of Hawaiian Jazz. In 2009, Paul was one of three featured international artists at the famed Imperial Jazz Complex held in Tokyo and Osaka and sponsored by the Imperial Hotels of Japan. While there, Paul befriended and was asked to share the stage with the legendary Felix “Pupi” Legarreta (Fania All-Stars). In 2011, Paul showcased his talents and delighted a national audience opening for Grammy-Award winner, Leann Rimes. Paul also has professional studio recording experience in both Hawaii and Tokyo, Japan. Paul appears with the Hawaiian Jazz Ensemble; a versatile and talented group of musicians that produces a rich and sophisticated sound in either trio, quartet or quintet formats.
* 2004 Grammy Awards ~ “Magic Beside the Sea” Entrant, Hawaiian Music Album of the Year
* 2008 Hawaii Music Awards ~ “Sentimental Alibi” Winner, Contemporary Hawaiian Music Category
* 2008 Na Hoku Hanohano Awards ~ “Sentimental Alibi” Nominee, Album of the Year, Island Music Album of the Year, Song of the Year, Male Vocalist of the Year, Engineering, Liner Notes and Graphics
* 2009 Grammy Awards ~ “Sentimental Alibi” Entrant, Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album, Album of the Year & Best Engineered Album, Non-Classical
* 2010 Hawaii Music Awards ~ “All That Hawaiian Jazz“ Winner, Best Jazz CD